Let's Talk Finance
The workshop is based on the Color Accounting Learning System™, the globally-acclaimed approach for effectively building accounting and financial literacy. It is used at top-100 law firms, international banks, agencies, industrial companies, and universities in America, Britain, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
09h30 - 13h30 (GMT - London)
10h30 - 14h30 (CET - Zurich)
11h30 - 15h30 (SAST - Johannesburg
17h30 - 21h30 (SGT - Singapore)
Finance and accounting workshop
Feed your financial genius
Understanding the principles that underpin every business - whether your own business, your employer or your competitor - empowers you to maximize your value as a professional. Register for our finance and accounting workshop today.
Do you find that?...
- You hesitate when presented with financial reports and accounting jargon?
- Your contribution to the workplace financial conversation is limited; you stay quiet in meetings where you might otherwise contribute?
- The previous finance training you’ve tried involved rote memorization and didn’t stick; nothing really shifted?
- Create opportunities at work;
- Make better and more-informed financial decisions;
- Be fully informed to meet business goals;
- Engage and communicate more effectively about financial matters;
- Share the mindset of colleagues, clients and the CEO to gain credibility as a trusted, business-savvy team member; and
- Avoid repeated cycles of financial training that don’t work.
The Color Accounting Learning SystemTM “approach has the advantage of showing how it works visually. We all tend to see problems and relationships more easily visually, so the approach takes advantage of how we learn most effectively.”
Paul Healy, James R. Williston Professor of Business Administration Harvard Business School
Overview of workshop
Finance & Accounting Fundamentals is a one-day breakthrough introductory finance workshop delivering unprecedented financial literacy to underpin business acumen. It uses a different and fresh approach called the Color Accounting Learning System. It shows how accounting, finance and business work, and importantly, how they interrelate. Participants leave able to read a balance sheet and income statement, telling a meaningful financial story that informs decision-making.
What will you learn?
- Truly understand the mechanics and language of accounting;
- See clearly the fundamental structure of financial statements in a way that makes them readily approachable and usable;
- Be comfortable reading and analyzing key financial reports in order to spot potential commercial issues;
- Engage confidently in financial conversations, asking powerful questions based on a rich understanding of financial elements and an all-encompassing concept framework;
- Understand the relevance and uses of key performance measures, such as Return on Equity;
- Spot the high-risk areas of financial statements;
- Be conscious of the ambiguities in the language that accountants and financial professionals use, improving communication and reducing misunderstandings;
- Know the difference between important terms and trivial naming conventions; and
- Understand how business works as a value generation cycle.
Meet the instructor
Peter is a financial literacy advocate and co-founder and Chairman of Wealthvox. Peter obtained his bachelors degree in 1986 at the University of Cape Town. After additional studies at the University of Sydney and the University of Technology, Sydney Australia, he obtained his professional certification from Chartered Accounts Australia New Zealand in 1991, later advancing to Fellowship. For the last two decades he has focused on financial education.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.